Pin the Tail Games
Variations on "Pin the Tail on the Donkey"
Basic instructions: Get a large image or poster related to your theme. Attach it to a wall. Create or print out a "tail" for each guest. Attach a piece of tape or a pin to each "tail". Use a theme-related blindfold, if possible. Let the fun begin! Blindfold the guests one by one, give them a couple of spins, turn them in the direction of the picture, and see who comes the closest to the target area!
Pin the Tail/Brand on the Cow - for a Western party theme
- Use a large picture or poster of a cow.
- A bandana makes the perfect blindfold.
- For the "tail" you can use printouts of a cow's tail, pieces of twine, or printouts of a brand (mark the target spot for the brand.)
- Another Western variation: Pin the badge on the Sheriff.
Pin the Sack on Santa - for a Christmas party
- Attach a large picture or poster of Santa to a wall.
- A red or white scarf makes a good blindfold.
- Use printouts of Santa's toy sack for each participant.
- Variations: pin the nose on Rudolph; pin the carrot nose on the snowman.
Pin the Star on the Contestant - for American Idol party
Pin the star on the contestant. Pin a large sheet of paper or poster board to a wall. Write each guest's name in random locations on it. Blindfold the participants one by one, hand them a star, spin them around gently a couple of times, and aim them in the direction of the poster. The person whose name has the most stars close to it is the winner!