Peanut Dipping Sauce
Our peanut dipping sauce is simply delicious!
1/4 cup peanut butter (preferably with no sugar or salt added)
3 tablespoons soy sauce
- Place the peanut butter in a small bowl.
- Add the soy sauce and blend them together gently with a fork.
- Slowly add sufficient water to make a dipping consistency.
Refrigerate until needed. About an hour before the party, let it get up to room temperature. (Do not add more water unless you really need it, once it has warmed up.)
Place in a small serving bowl, on a plate surrounded by raw veggies, such as broccoli, cauliflower, carrot sticks, and celery.
Adjustments and variations:
- Since peanut butter and soy sauce vary according to brand, you may want to adjust the amounts a bit. Generally, you want to add enough soy sauce so that the peanut butter no longer tastes predominantly like peanut butter.
- Because most soy sauce is fairly salty, we recommend unsalted peanut butter. However, if you are using low sodium soy sauce, that won't be as important.
- If you want to spice it up, add a dash of hot sauce or a sprinkle of cayenne before adding the water.
- Or add a little lemon juice for a different flavor.
- It's easy to make more during the party if you run out.
- This recipe is also good over steamed veggies!