Host a glamorous Hollywood party. Start with Hollywood Partyware from Shindigz.
Hollywood Party Decorating Tips
- Light! Cameras! Action! Get the party rolling with an award-winning party set.
- Start by rolling out the red carpet! Get a red plastic or vinyl runner locally, or order one online through the party supply links, above and below.
- If you need a large set for your party, visit Shindigz, where you'll find a wide variety of large decorations including archways, entrances, props, banners, murals, and a 4' x 8' Hollywood Marquee!
- Use floodlights, string lights, any lights you can to glam up your party.
- Make your own stars, using our printable star templates.
- Decorate with feather boas in place of crepe paper streamers!
- Make a glitzy "chandelier" by placing strings of acrylic crystals in a circle around a ceiling light fixture.
Hollywood Party Ideas
- General Party Planning Schedule
- Have you guests come dressed up as Hollywood stars.
- Make large stars with the guests names on them, and attach them to a wall to create a "wall of fame."
- Have a movie on tv in the background, with or without sound.
- Play favorite movie soundtrack CDs.
- Hire professionals to take glamour photos of your guests.
- Have your guests vote on their favorite picks for the Oscars. Write up ballots and pass them out at the beginning of the party. Announce the winners later, Academy Award style! (Recruit one of your children or guests to tally them up for you.)
Hollywood Party Food
- Popcorn. Lots of popcorn!
- Lemonade (see our lemonade recipe)
- Hot dogs, pickles, boxes of candy like they sell at the concession stand.
- For adults, cocktails are appropriate, and hors d'oeuvres, such as cheese and/or chocolate fondue. (You can order a fondue pot or fondue fountain online, if you don't have one.)
- Make sandwiches and cut them out with large star-shaped cookie cutters.
- If you're having a cake, use glittery cake sugar, star sprinkles, sparkly candles. Or make a top hat cake!
Hollywood Party Activities
- Watch a new or popular movie.
- If your guests came dressed as Hollywood stars, give awards for best dressed, most dramatic, funniest outfit, most authentic, sparkliest, most expensive looking, etc.
- Play Hollywood trivia.
- Mix and match stars' names with their baby pictures.
- Write a script (make copies for the stars) and direct your guests in their own production. Be sure to have a video camera rolling!