Graduation Party Ideas
Graduation Party Supplies
Start by ordering some graduation partyware and decorations at Celebrate Express. Note: Topping Off Success
Cake Pan is available at Joann.com, not CE. Then scroll down for more graduation party ideas.
- General Party Planning Schedule
- If you're having your party at a rented venue, be sure to make your reservation well in advance! Many people will be graduating in the same time period.
- Use colored streamers, balloons, and a tablecover in the school colors, or to coordinate with the partyware.
- Personalized banners declare your support for and pride in the graduate.
- Decorate a special chair for the graduate. An arch that says Congratulations! attached to the top of the chair, some helium filled balloons, and ribbons make it special. For an adult, use a high-back chair.
- Use our generic invitation templates as a basis for making your own graduation invitations.
- If you don't have graphics available, just write something like "Come Celebrate (name)'s Class of (year) Graduation!" Print in black ink on colored paper or card stock, or in color on white paper or card stock. Printing in color on colored paper or card stock often results in blended or muddied colors, and lighter colors won't print well on darker colors.
- How about hero sandwiches, since graduating can be a heroic feat!
- Pizza is a perennial favorite.
- A graduation cake is a tasteful way to celebrate. Cake pans for graduation include a horseshoe pan (for good luck), a graduate cake pan, and a graduation cap cake pan.
- To add pizzaz to a regular cake, add sparkler candles, and/or a graduation cake topper.
- A spelling bee is fun for all ages. Pick words at random out of a dictionary: close your eyes, open to any page, and point. Last person left wins!
- Play pin the hat on the graduate. Draw the silhouette of a person in a graudation gown on a sheet of poster board. Print out a graduation cap for each guest. Blindfold, spin, and set them, one at a time, in the right direction. Whoever comes closest to the top of the graduate's head is the winner.
- Would the graduate enjoy a party at a roller skating rink? Just about everyone loves skating, and you avoid cleaning your house before and after the party. Some party packages include food and decorations, and perhaps even a cake. Request the graduate's favorite music be played, if possible.