Elvis Party Ideas, Party Supplies, and Costumes
There used to be Elvis partyware with his image on it, but alas that was discontinued years ago. So here are some items you can use to put together your own Elvis party. There are three main categories of Elvis parties represented here: music/rock'n'roll, Hawaiian (as in his movies Blue Hawaii, and Paradise, Hawaiian Style - or combine the two into an "Aloha from Hawaii" party!), and the third is military, as in his movie G.I. Blues.
Click any item to order, or scroll down for some great Elvis party ideas!
Elvis Partyware at Birthday Express/Costume Express (It all goes into a single cart.)
- General Party Planning Schedule
- If you're hiring a DJ, make the arrangements well in advance, to make sure your date isn't already booked.
- The same goes if you're renting a venue for your party. Popular spots may be booked months in advance.
- Get some Elvis Presley Music to play in the background.
- For large party decor, such as entrance arches and larger-than-you milkshakes, check out the Fifties Party Supplies at Shindigz! They have a sock hop kit that would be very fitting for an Elvis party.
- Elvis spanned generations, so select a period - early, middle or later Elvis - and decorate accordingly. Inform your guests so they know whether to come in Elvis's 50's or 60's styles, or all glam and flashy!
- Elvis posters or an Elvis Stand Up (at AllPosters) really set the stage. There's also an Elvis standup in the party shop above.
- Do you have a photo of yourself with Elvis, or a great shot of the King taken at a concert? Use it for the front of your invitations!
- Music notes or a juke box would also be appropriate for an Elvis party initiation.
- Use our basic invitation templates for help in laying out your invitations.
- If you're ordering invitations, be sure to allow about 6 weeks, so there's time for order processing, shipping, preparing and mailing the invitations. You'll want them to arrive at the guest's houses about 2 weeks before the party.
- Southern foods, including some of Elvis' favorites: banana pudding, sweet potato pie, fried chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy, fried catfish and hush puppies, cornbread, barbecue, cheeseburgers and fries, pork chops, peanut butter and banana sandwiches, meatloaf, BLT. (Elvis loved burned bacon, and also sauerkraut, but we're not recommending those for a party necessarily.)
- If you're doing an earlier Elvis theme, milkshakes and sodas are good beverages. His favorite soda was Pepsi.
- A guitar cake pan would be cool, or use a round cake pan, and decorate it like a record, either like black vinyl or like a gold record. Use a brand-new fine-tooth comb to make the grooves. (Tape the end to a bamboo skewer driven into the middle of the cake to help keep the groves even. The flatter the tope of the cake, the better this will work. Get it very smooth, then do the comb trick lightly. Then frost over the center like a record label. Or scan and print and actual Elvis label, attach it to the top side of a butter tub lid, and place it on the cake. Keep the printed ink from touching the frosting, for food safety!)
- Elvis' favorite board games were Monopoly and Yatzee. If you're having a smaller party, you could get a table going with groups playing each game. For a larger party, have several games on hand. Set a time limit for the Monopoly game, unless you don't mind if it goes on for a long time. The person with the most when the time is up wins a prize. There's even a version of Elvis Monopoly you may like.
- Elvis Karaoke is bound to be fun!
- An Elvis look-alike contest. You've got to have an Elvis look-alike contest!
- Elvis Trivia - see how much your guests know about the King! (The link goes to Elvis trivia books and Elvis Trivia games. Or you can make up your own questions.)
Elvis Costumes at BuyCostumes